Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
What is the 10/40 Window
The 10/40 window is a section of the world between 10 degrees and 40 degrees north of the
equator. This window contains most of the world’s greatest physical and spiritual needs, most of
the world’s least evangelized people, and most of the anti-Christian governments. The 10/40
window contains nearly two-thirds of the world’s population, yet contains only one-third of the
Countries within the window
- Burkina Faso
- China, Hong Kong
- China, Macau
- East Timor
- Korea, North
- Myanmar (Burma)
- Saudi Arabia
- Sri Lanka
- United Arab Emirates
- West Bank/Gaza
- Western Sahara
Statistics of the area
- Nearly 4 billion people live in the 10/40 Window; including 90 percent of the world’s poorest of the poor. It is estimated that 1.6 billion of these people have never had the chance to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ – not even once! They are unable to learn of Jesus even if they wanted to.
- The seat of every major non-Christian religion – Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Animism, Atheism, and Sikhism – is headquartered in the 10/40 Window.
- In many of the 68 countries represented in the 10/40 Window, sharing the Christian Gospel means death. The 10/40 Window is the darkest and most inhospitable territory to the cause of Christ, and represents the greatest remaining stronghold of Satan.
- Two-thirds of the world’s population (4 billion) lives in the 68 nations of the 10/40 Window, yet three-fourths of the Christian missionaries go to areas outside the Window. It is estimated that only 2.2% of the unreached people live in North and South America combined, yet an overwhelming majority of the missionary effort is focused here, ignoring the 88% of the world’s unreached within the 10/40 Window.
- 95% of the people are unevangelized.
- 90% of the people are the poorest of the poor, averaging $250 per family annually.
- 43 of the 50 worst countries in the world for persecution of Christians are here.
- Only five pennies out of every $100 spent on missions goes to this desperately needy area of the world. Stated another way; 99.9995% of the money spent on missions goes to the one third of the world’s population that already contains most of the Christians.
- Illiteracy is widespread.
- Child prostitution run rampant in many of these nations.
- Horrific physical abuse of women and children remains unchecked. 81% of female genital mutilations occur between 6 – 11 years of age, 4.5% occur under 6 years of age.
- A majority of the world’s terrorist organizations are based in the 10/40 Window. Young children are trained to be Islamic Jihad soldiers.
Why we go
Join the mission
SUPPORT OUR CURRENT WORKERS
You can support our current workers by :
- Prayer Support - Keep up on their current prayer requests by signing up for their update letters and/or join us on our PAW (Pray Around the World) nights to hear from and receive updates from their core group leaders.
- Communication Support - You can send emails to the workers and give them an encouragement letting them know we are still thinking about them even through they are away.
- Financial support - Go to our give page and select the worker you would like to support. Either a single support gift or a recurring gift.